Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Preach the Person of God by A W Tozer

He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. -Romans 4:20-21

My faith does not rest on God's promises. My faith rests upon God's character. Faith must rest in confidence upon the One who made the promises....

When I think of the angels who veil their faces before the God who cannot lie, I wonder why every preacher in North America does not begin preaching about God--and nothing else. What would happen if every preacher just preached about the person and character of God for an entire year--who He is, His attributes, His perfection, His being, the kind of a God He is and why we love Him and why we should trust Him? I tell you, God would soon fill the whole horizon, the entire world. Faith would spring up like grass by the water courses. Then let a man get up and preach the promises of God and the whole congregation would join in chorus: "We can claim the promises; look who made them!" This is the confidence; this is the boldness. Faith Beyond Reason, 45.

"Lord, begin with me. I commit myself today to knowing You more fully and preaching and teaching Your person and character as the foundation of faith. Let confidence and boldness be my testimony. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment