Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"MY 7 YEARS WORKING for THE ELIJAH LIST"

by Kevin Kleint.

... After I worked at Elijah List for a few months, I attended my first Elijah List prophetic conference at the Vineyard. I know that Bob Jones, Larry Randolph and a guy named Ed Traut (later removed from Elijah List’s links page for some unnamed “indiscretion”) were some of the speakers (there were a few more, but they don’t come to mind). During the conference, the extravagant worship and manifestations were in “full effect”. People were moving, twitching and making various noises in every corner of the building. Although I thought it strange that the worship was way more extreme than your typical Sunday morning at the Vineyard, I didn’t raise the question because I didn’t feel qualified to ask (in my mind, I was just a web guy, not a prophet or one with authority). After spending a few years going to this church and attending these conferences, I noticed a pattern emerge, where the worship would grow in intensity and volume during a conference where a “big name” prophet headlined, and then died down again once the conference is over.

I was really amazed at how idolized these “prophets” were in the eyes of the conference go-ers. They sat, literally, wide-eyed drinking in every word like it was the Absolute Truth. Even people who worked for the Elijah List were treated with some degree of idolatry. People came up to us and shook our hand saying things like, “Oh you’re so lucky to be able to work in that anointed atmosphere all the time!” They would hang out and ask us questions incessantly and make it really difficult to work (although the
appreciation did give us a boost).

I even had some guy come up to me and ask me to lay hands on him and impart a “webmaster anointing”, so that he could do what I did (which wasn’t much talent-wise). I told him that it wasn’t an anointing, but that he should just study books and learn the code. But he was insistent, so not wanting to upset him, I laid hands on him and said a short, polite prayer. From his reaction, you would think that I had shocked him with a cattle prod! He did a few twitches and hit the floor. I walked off laughing, kind of embarrassed by the whole spectacle...

-READ MORE and COMMENT. - The above is just an extract from Part One of Kevin Kleint's Nine-Part series on the Web - "My 7 Years Working for the Elijah List." You can access all 9 parts and also comment on the series at the following website-

http://www.johnthebaptisttv.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm excited to discover this site. I wanted to thank you for ones
    time for this particularly fantastic read!! I definitely liked
    every bit of it and I have you book marked to check
    out new stuff on your site.

    Feel free to visit my web blog ... Garcinia Ultra Diets - ,

    ReplyDelete