Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Osward Chambers - The Need to Discriminate

Biography

Oswald Chambers was born in Scotland in 1874 and was educated at London's Royal College of Art and the University of Edinburgh. Although gifted in the arts, he felt at the age of 22, that God was calling him to become a minister. After studying and later teaching in a small theological college in Dunoon, he moved into a preaching ministry that spanned Britain, America and Japan. In 1908, Oswald Chambers boarded a ship bound for America in search of work and adventure.

When World War I broke out, Oswald began to feel God was calling him to move on. He wondered how he should serve his country at that time. His prayer was "Lord, I praise You for this place I am in, but the wonder has begun to stir in me - is this Your place for me? Hold me steady doing Your will. It may be only restlessness; if so, calm me to strength that I sin not against You by doubting."

"My Utmost for His Highest" was first published in 1927, and has remained continually in print ever since. Thousands of people have been blessed and challenged as they have regularly read this daily devotional.
http://www.oswaldchambers.co.uk/Oswald_and_Biddy_Chambers.html



The Warning Against Desiring Spiritual Success


The Ministry of Unnoticed


Otherworldly / In It but Not of It


Sympathiser or Saviour


No comments:

Post a Comment