Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"The Church is in trouble" by Jared Lee

Dear Believers,

Last Saturday, when I heard the news that one particular Christian brother took his own life, I was of course saddened and I thought to myself, "The Church is in trouble.". By Church I mean the Body of Christ - believers in the Christian faith; not the denomination you are in, nor the building you go to every Sunday to worship God. So, to avoid confusion, from now on I'm going to refer to the Christian brother/sisterhood as the Body of Christ.

A few days later, I learnt from another Christian brother that there were actually two suicides within a matter of a few days - in less than a week. Now I'm saying, "The Body of Christ is really in trouble!".

That last Saturday, I was at a men's fellowship. You know, those kind of meetings where only men are allowed to attend. To my pleasant surprise, I saw a handful of ladies in our midst. Later, our National President, coincidentally, (but not by chance but by the hand of God), mentioned in his way that the Body of Christ is not well. Many Christian couples he knows are getting divorced. Husbands suing wives and wives suing husbands for divorce. Therefore, in a major move to foster better relationships between the members and their wives, the fellowship is allowing the wives to participate. And I thought, that's a very positive step. Other future positive steps will be taken to improve the members' financial standing, business, health and spiritual life. It can clearly be seen that this new National President has got vision.

Now, let's get back to the Body of Christ. Christ being the Head, leaves the rest of us as members (parts) of the Body. To cut a long story short, we are all equal; we live for the other; we are to use our gifts given by God to edify the other members of the Body. There's only one Shepherd - the Good Shepherd i.e. JESUS CHRIST. The rest of us are sheep - His sheep. There's no such thing as stealing sheep as the sheep don't belong to us. We belong to Him - JESUS CHRIST.

What's my point? Since our Head is JESUS CHRIST and He is God and the Bible tells us that God is Love, we are to be motivated by love because we are the Body of Christ, who is Love. JESUS tells us the following 2 things in the Scriptures. 1 - "If you love Me, keep My commandments." 2 - "A new commandment I give to you that you love one another just as I love you." But the Bible also tells us that in the last days, love will grow cold. Still, God has a remnant that will carry out God's will in these last days.

If believers don't do as JESUS commands (i.e. love one another), the Body of Christ will become weaker as the days go by. But I believe His sheep who hears their Master's voice will repent and do something positive. No need to point fingers, or complain or object. Just love one another. Find a brother or sister who is in need and help him/her in any small way. Become a friend. Forget about the rich ones as they will be taken care of by others. Go for the poor ones who can't repay you. Be his/her friend and let him know that JESUS truly lives in you.

Start loving the way JESUS wants you to and strengthen the Body of Christ. If you agree with me, it would be good if you reply to my email. Maybe in future, we can work together in a bigger way to help the poor (in any way) and unloved brother/sister-in-Christ. And if you really want to do your part but don't know how, let me know. I have a few tips for you.

Lastly, if you agree with me, perhaps you may want to send this email to someone-in-Christ to encourage the person to love.

God Bless You All,

Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment