Tuesday, July 12, 2011

“Be Still, and Know”

Here is a word for you from the Word

Psalm 46:6, 9-10
Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; [God] lifts his voice, the earth melts.... [God] makes wars cease to the ends of the earth; he breaks the bow and shatters the spear, he burns the shields with fire. “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” NIV
                                      
There’s a scene of tremendous uproar. Nations are in uproar. Kingdoms are falling. How true that is today but, in the midst of it, God’s voice comes forth. God speaks. God intervenes. He lifts His voice; the earth melts. He intervenes against the forces of iniquity and evil.

And then He speaks a word to His people in the midst of all the confusion and turmoil and uproar. He says this: “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” We are in a situation not far from that today. Nations are in an uproar, kingdoms are toppling, war is threatening on every hand, but in the midst of it God speaks to His people and says, “Be still, be quiet, don’t be upset, don’t get restless, don’t get nervous. Be still and know that I am God. I’m still in control. My purposes are going to work out. I’m going to be exalted over all nations. I am going to be exalted in the earth.”

Let me give you that advice today. Be still and hear the voice of God. - Derek Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment