Thursday, August 11, 2011

DRESS ME, JESUS

by David Wilkerson
[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]

“Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the
wiles of the devil” (Ephesians 6:11).

Dear Jesus,

You told me to resist the devil and he would flee from me,
          But I have no resistance.
You have all the power and resistance I’ll ever need,
          So give me the power to resist.
You told me I could move my mountains
          If I had faith even as a mustard seed;
Yet my mountain won’t move
          Even though my faith in you is as great
As I can conceive it.
          You made the heavens and earth;
Please move my mountain.
          You said, “Flee the very appearance of evil!”
So I ran hard,
          But sin overtook me
In my finest hour of effort.
          You have power
Over all the power of the enemy
          With miracles, signs and wonders.
Deliver me from the trap of Satan.
          I don’t even have the strength to put on the whole armor,
So dress me as my armor-bearer.
          Do for me what I know I cannot do for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment