Friday, August 12, 2011

Evangelism: Times of Extraordinary Crisis by A W Tozer

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean  lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; for my  eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts."  - Isaiah 6:5

Let a flood or a fire hit a populous countryside and no able-bodied  citizen feels that he has any right to rest till he has done all he  can to save as many as he can. While death stalks farmhouse and  village no one dares relax; this is the accepted code by which we  live. The critical emergency for some becomes an emergency for all,  from the highest government official to the local Boy Scout troop. As  long as the flood rages or the fire roars on, no one talks of "normal  times." No times are normal while helpless people cower in the path  of destruction.

In times of extraordinary crisis ordinary measures will not suffice.  The world lives in such a time of crisis. Christians alone are in a  position to rescue the perishing. We dare not settle down to try to  live as if things were "normal." Nothing is normal while sin and  lust and death roam the world, pouncing upon one and another till  the whole population has been destroyed.  Born After Midnight, 30.

"Lord help me to respond like Isaiah, when he saw the extraordinary  crisis around him, 'Lord, here am I; send me.' Amen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment